iOS app Accessibility review – State Bank of India's Freedom Plus
We have tested the app using VoiceOver, an in-built screen reader on iOS devices.
To turn ON the VoiceOver, Go to: Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> VoiceOver -> Toggle ON
Below are some of our findings:
- As the app loaded VoiceOver was able to read “Welcome to SBI Freedom Plus Internet banking on the mobile” and then there are two form fields to fill in Internet User and password. However, VoiceOver failed to detect logo information and three available buttons 1. Locate Us, 2. Offers and 3. FAQs
- Unable to activate “Login” button using VoiceOver
- When app is authenticating user, visually screen has curtained, however, VoiceOver is reading background information such as user name, password etc.,
- When accounts page is loaded, labels for each account is reading as a separate lines by VoiceOver. i.e. when swiping right, it reads as
transaction – next swipe deposit next swipe accounts – next swipe accounts – next swipe savings, next swipe deposit etc.,
; This needs to be read as a single item each like Transaction accounts Savings, Deposit account Accounts FD etc.,
- App requires appropriate headings
- Good part is that VoiceOver is able read all form fields, dialogs correctly.
- Color contrast in most part is good; however it requires improvement for text displayed for account information such as balance etc.,
Overall, the app is good and it will be great with a few improvements.